Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Latest topics
» yes! we r back
A Brief History of "Duel Monsters" EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 5:14 pm by kompella12

» This Clan Should Not Die.
A Brief History of "Duel Monsters" EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 4:56 am by yamikazi

» Testing rubric as of July 29th 2012
A Brief History of "Duel Monsters" EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 10:43 am by yamikazi

» :Suggestion:
A Brief History of "Duel Monsters" EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 10:42 am by yamikazi

» don't want this academy to be over
A Brief History of "Duel Monsters" EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 10:41 am by yamikazi

» I need a test
A Brief History of "Duel Monsters" EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 10:26 pm by yikhang

» Important:For all active members!
A Brief History of "Duel Monsters" EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 3:02 pm by ZMWx6

» RANKING TOURNEY INFO
A Brief History of "Duel Monsters" EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 11:06 am by blah_blah12629

» DCA RANKINGS
A Brief History of "Duel Monsters" EmptyTue Mar 27, 2012 6:54 pm by Tibbs755

» DCA RANKING MATCHES
A Brief History of "Duel Monsters" EmptyMon Mar 26, 2012 2:08 pm by Guest

yes! we r back
A Brief History of "Duel Monsters" EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 4:19 am by kompella12
the best academy is back.... T.T been such a long time.... i will help as much as i can in improving this academy

Comments: 5
:Suggestion:
A Brief History of "Duel Monsters" EmptyTue Mar 20, 2012 2:09 pm by Moonknight Xytix
I need everyone's Suggestion to Revive this academy again! just post here!

Comments: 22
Important:For all active members!
A Brief History of "Duel Monsters" EmptyMon Mar 26, 2012 2:00 pm by Moonknight Xytix
For all active members!
I'll have a surprise for you!
but before I reveal it..
put the status how many days you're active here in the academy!

[days]/in a week
[hours]/in a day

Thank you!

~Moon

Comments: 11
Most active topics
Dueling Points Credit
Three-Word Story
Prestige Tournament #1 (STARTED)
The EXPERIENCE Game
Ranking Tournament
YamiKazi test reports.....
100 Pages!
Chaos Event
Weekly Creative Deck Construction Competition!
DCA SPRING CUP
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

A Brief History of "Duel Monsters"

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
DarkYami54
Xail White Grandmaster
Xail White Grandmaster
DarkYami54

DN Username : AndroS54
DCA Points : 80
Elemental Fire Orb
Elemental Water Orb
Elemental Wind Orb
Elemental Thunder Orb
Elemental Light Orb
Elemental Dark Orb
Elemental Psychic Orb
Elemental Nature Orb
Elemental Machine Orb
Elemental Chaos Orb
First Xail Award

Dueling Level
Level: 2
Experience:
A Brief History of "Duel Monsters" Left_bar_bleue80/150A Brief History of "Duel Monsters" Empty_bar_bleue  (80/150)

A Brief History of "Duel Monsters" Empty
PostSubject: A Brief History of "Duel Monsters"   A Brief History of "Duel Monsters" EmptyFri Dec 30, 2011 1:31 am

Hello all. Seeing as our vice-headmaster Samareye has been so gracious enough to host a class on monsters, I would like to conduct my own class. I feel that the card is only as important as it's history, so I would like to explain the past of the game, Duel Monsters.

Now, we all know Maximilian Pegasus invented the game, and there's nothing more to it right? Wrong. Now class, please turn to page 32 and you will see that the game is not played by modern day kids, but ancient Egyptian men. Pegasus only made the game popular, as it was invented 3000 years ago. The ancient Egyptians were very skilled magicians, and used their powers to cast their energies into an alternate dimension we now know as the Shadow Realm, and bring forth real monsters. However, the destruction caused by these magicians was to great, and nearly destroyed the world. Until a pharaoh named Yami Atem came to the throne. He was one of the worlds most powerful magicians, and was able to stop the others, and seal away the Shadow Realm forever.

Of course, There were ways around it. Seven golden objects remain in existence today, we call them, the Seven Millennium Items. These objects hold powerful enchantments, each one able to dip into the Shadow realm in a different way, and cause a different reaction. Almost all of the items are in the hands of one person, a boy named Yugi Moto.

But that's enough about the Shadow Realm, I want to talk about the game itself. Pegasus found records of these Egyptian, "Shadow Games" and created a card game based on his findings. Most of the creatures made, existed in the Shadow Realm, such as these two:

A Brief History of "Duel Monsters" DarkdA Brief History of "Duel Monsters" Dragonmy

Raise your hand if you do not recognize these two creatures. I think it's safe to say these are the single two most famous monsters in the game. However, Just because a game is based on something, does not mean it is limited to that thing. Prime example, although Pegasus Made cards of creates that actually existed, he also made some that were obviously non-existent when the creatures roamed the earth. Such as:

A Brief History of "Duel Monsters" 42003162A Brief History of "Duel Monsters" 93518585A Brief History of "Duel Monsters" 71162780

Somehow, I highly doubt the ancient Egyptians had metal. I just dont think that they were able to summon these creatures. I'm giving you homework, Go and make a list of creatures you believe to be real, and creatures you believe to be just cards. Until next time, goodbye.

Last edited by DarkYami54 on Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
nikoli39

DN Username : Archlord_kristya0124

PostSubject: Re: A Brief History of "Duel Monsters"   A Brief History of "Duel Monsters" EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 2:13 am

What about alchemy its a form of magic, so the X, Y ,Z monsters could have been a real thing
Back to top Go down
DarkYami54
Xail White Grandmaster
Xail White Grandmaster
DarkYami54

DN Username : AndroS54
DCA Points : 80
Elemental Fire Orb
Elemental Water Orb
Elemental Wind Orb
Elemental Thunder Orb
Elemental Light Orb
Elemental Dark Orb
Elemental Psychic Orb
Elemental Nature Orb
Elemental Machine Orb
Elemental Chaos Orb
First Xail Award

Dueling Level
Level: 2
Experience:
A Brief History of "Duel Monsters" Left_bar_bleue80/150A Brief History of "Duel Monsters" Empty_bar_bleue  (80/150)

PostSubject: Re: A Brief History of "Duel Monsters"   A Brief History of "Duel Monsters" EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 2:37 am

nikoli39 wrote:
What about alchemy its a form of magic, so the X, Y ,Z monsters could have been a real thing

You may have a point, however, the Eygptians may have had the skill in alchemy, but they lacked the resources required to make lasers. And even if they were made by them, it still proves my point that not all monsters are from the Shadow Realm.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Brief History of "Duel Monsters"   A Brief History of "Duel Monsters" Empty

Back to top Go down

A Brief History of "Duel Monsters"
Page 1 of 1